Value of VirtualWisdom to Isilon Scale-out NAS
Problem Resolution & Avoidance
VirtualWisdom collects and correlates metrics from Isilon clusters gathered at 10 sec intervals across other metrics collected from compute and wire data to produce actionable insights into root causes of application slowdown across shared infrastructure. This automatic cross-domain correlation is enabled by WisdomAI the AIOps-based analytics engine native to VirtualWisdom. The AIOps-powered platform uses a run-book style approach to automate root cause analysis codified by over 10 years of customer facing professional services expertise. Alerts open cases which trigger analytics to display appropriate charts helping identify root-cause of application slowdowns.
Application Service Assurance
- Identify noisy neighbors impacting the service level of business-critical applications instrumented with APM tools that have no
visibility into Isilon storage infrastructure.
- Full stack views from compute, hypervisor, and network to storage (Dell EMC VMAX AF, PowerMax, Isilon, IBM SVC, NetApp).
- Proactive dashboards provide views across all IT assets including compute (on-premise and cloud), hypervisor, network, block
storage, file storage, software defined storage, and hyper converged infrastructure.
- Optimization recommendations based on AIOps-driven analytics via dashboards reduce the number of steps required
to get to root-cause of slowdowns.
Predictive Capacity Management
- Analyze capacity trends across IT infrastructure forecasting capacity for compute, network, and storage to proactively avoid exhaustion.
Infrastructure Workload Balancing
- Analyze end-to-end workload behaviors and rebalance shared infrastructure to ensure optimal application performance.