We’re interested in individuals who thrive in a challenging environment and bring imagination and energy to work.
Virtual Instruments is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please send your resume to careers@VirtualInstruments.com, referencing the desired job title in the email subject.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies
Virtual Instruments does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. Virtual Instruments will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Operations - Featured Jobs
No open positions at this time. Please check back.
Software Engineer – Cloud Platform
We strive to make Virtual Instruments a great place to work by giving engineers the opportunity to directly interact with customers who are using their code in mission-critical environments. We also have a focus on building an engineering culture centered on making every engineer successful through improvement not blame, and by directly empowering each person to make the maximum contribution through their unique experience and ability to innovate.
Cloud migration is a challenge many Enterprises face today. The Cloud Platform team builds and operates a SaaS application to help customers migrate from private Data Centers to the Public or Hybrid Cloud.
- High energy thrives in fast-paced environments and get things done
- Able to make critical decisions and own your success & mistakes
- Not afraid to jump into any codebase and figure out how it works
- Proficient in Go(lang), comfortable with C++/Python/Java
- Experience with Git, Docker, Jenkins, and development on Linux
- Familiar with Cloud Native frameworks: Kubernetes, Istio, gRPC, Brigade
- Love to automate everything, experience with Continuous integration & deployment
- Design, implement, test and deploy micro-services to our Cloud Platform
- Collaborate with others and solve complex problems for our customers
- Research and evaluate new technologies and solutions
- Contribute to Open-Source
- Expand, improve and automate our build and deploy infrastructure
- Learn from others and teach those around you
- 80% code/build/automation, 20% design/operations
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
UI Automation Senior Test Engineer
This position is for a senior UI Automation Test Engineer working on UI test development for the world-class Virtual Instruments product line. We value quality and always strive to deliver the high-quality product to our customers. The candidate will work closely with other UI test developers as well as the VI engineering team in writing/executing tests that verify the functionally of the Virtual Wisdom software stack (client/server) as well as testing integration with third-party infrastructure devices (data switches, arrays, and servers).
- Create detailed test plan and test sets and automate workflow-based UI test cases which will be running daily and report any relevant bugs/issues.
- Work as an advocate for improved customer experience and quality champion.
- Participate in the development process and understanding the product and feature development/enhancement and provide feedback into the product design and implementation for UI workflows.
- Review requirement specifications, design and develop test plans based upon functional and UX design mocks.
- Mentor other QA engineers on the framework, perform code reviews and contribute to building a high performing growing team.
- Proficiency in Core Java, OOD, data structure and algorithms.
- Ability in creating and maintaining testing frameworks using Selenium and testing
- Strong understanding of the Scrum methodology and experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in Enterprise storage array such as Fiber Channel, NAS, and NFS is plus
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with eight (8) + years of industry experience.
Senior Solutions Consultant
Solutions Consultant works directly with Regional RSM /Regional Sales RVP and Director of Solutions Consulting as well as our Services Organization in a client facing Pre-Sales supporting role. The Solution Consultant will focus on Pre-Sales presentations of VI Products and Services and responsible for Customer Demos and POV support. This individual will manage several current customers as well any prospects and should be creating professional relationships with them to become the trusted advisor.
- Present Virtual Instruments vision, strategy and product roadmaps, as well as our value proposition to Executives, Technical Management/Staff, and Partners
- Understand the customers' high-level business challenges
- Match Virtual Instrument's solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser to each account
- Sell professional services as part of a total solution
- Define and implement a solution-oriented go-to-market strategy for each account to ensure technical adoption of Virtual Instrument's solutions
- Build and leverage strong OEM and Partner relationships
- Drive the adoption of Virtual Instrument's solutions within existing and new enterprise accounts
- Mentor other Solution Consultants
- Eight or more years’ experience in storage technology related work, including roles in pre-sales and customer-facing consultant role working within and developing relationships in the enterprise market
- Proven ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Enthusiastic and a self-starter
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer technology solutions to make it better
- Strong customer facing, presentation and relationship building skills.
- Must be effective working both independently and, in a team, setting
- Strong listening and with question-based and solution selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges as it relates to enterprise customer's storage infrastructure and develops a custom solution to solve those challenges
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions a plus Ability to travel as necessary
- BA/BS or equivalent required